On August 3, 2021, an active shooter incident occurred in Allen, TX, a city located in Collin County. The incident took place at a shopping center where multiple shots were fired, causing panic and chaos among the shoppers and employees in the area. The incident left one person dead and several others injured. The shooter was later identified and apprehended by the authorities.
The incident happened on a Tuesday afternoon around 1:00 PM at the Allen Premium Outlets, a popular shopping center in the area. According to the witnesses, the shooter entered the store and started firing multiple shots, causing panic and chaos among the shoppers and employees in the area. The police responded immediately and secured the area, evacuating the people and searching for the shooter.
One person was killed in the incident, and several others were injured. The injured were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. The police identified the shooter as 22-year-old Eliazar Flores, who was later arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
How to Stay Safe During an Active Shooter Incident?
Active shooter incidents can happen anywhere, and it’s essential to be prepared for such situations. Here are some tips to stay safe during an active shooter incident:
- Stay Alert: Be aware of your surroundings and look for any signs of danger.
- Run: If possible, try to escape the area immediately. Leave your belongings behind and keep your hands visible.
- Hide: If you can’t escape, find a safe place to hide. Lock the doors and turn off the lights. Stay quiet and avoid making any noise.
- Fight: If the shooter enters your location, be prepared to fight back. Use any objects you have as weapons and try to disarm the shooter.
- Call for Help: Call 911 or alert the authorities about the situation as soon as possible.
The Allen, TX active shooter incident is a reminder that such incidents can happen anywhere and at any time. It’s essential to be prepared and know what to do in such situations to stay safe. Remember to stay alert, run, hide, fight, and call for help if you find yourself in an active shooter incident. Stay safe!
Leave a Reply